Standing Up For The Injured For Over 35 Years

Caring Counsel For Wrongful Death Accidents Since 1986

No one should lose a loved one too soon because of another party’s negligence. These accidents – referred to as wrongful deaths – affect thousands of people in Kansas every year. I know, because I have represented many of them.

I am attorney Chuck Hess. People in Wichita and the surrounding area turn to me for help after someone else’s negligence claimed the life of their spouse, child, parent or other relative. Since 1986, my firm, Hess Law LLC, has earned a reputation for the outstanding level of service I provide for each and every client, even in difficult situations.

The Common Damages For Wrongful Death Claims

The financial consequences of a fatal injury accident can be unexpectedly severe. Through a wrongful death claim, you have the chance to recover compensation for the damages caused by the negligent party. For instance:

  • Hospital expenses
  • Funeral costs
  • Punitive damages
  • Loss of past wages
  • Loss of future income
  • Loss of consortium

No amount of money can bring back the person you love. However, monetary compensation goes a long way toward holding the perpetrator accountable, helping you recover a sense of closure and covering your bills.

Who Can File A Claim?

Not just anyone can file a wrongful death lawsuit. In Kansas, only an heir at law who could have inherited from the decedent’s estate can file a claim. These people generally include:

  • Parents
  • Spouses
  • Children
  • Siblings
  • Grandparents
  • Aunts and uncles
  • Nieces and nephews

Even if you did not file the initial lawsuit, you might still have a chance to recover damages. Whether you will be filing the original action or benefiting from one that has already been filed, I can help you explore your options for recovery. If you or your loved one is also involved in a related injury claim or workers’ comp benefits claim, I handle these as well.

Seek Counsel Today In A Free Consultation

I could never understand the pain of losing someone in a wrongful death incident, but I do understand how to help you. Reach out to my law office to set up a free, confidential initial consultation with me. Call 316-364-7073 or use my online contact form to begin.